Discover the forgotten history of Bengal
We organize group package and Educational Package for the students
at concession rate for Malda & Murshidabad. For special package
please contact us.
How to Reach
Recommended mode of travel is rail :
Malda is directly connected by rail with ( Kolkata ,Howrah /Sealdah) & Siliguri / New Jalpaiguri / Guwahati and the other part of the country.
History of Malda at a Glance
- Do you know?
Journey of civilization of Eastern India, started from Malda
by the Aryans
Bengali Language was evolved at - Malda.
- Second book of undivided Bengal was printed and published by Charles Wilkins from Malda in the year 1780 AD.
- Adina Mosques is the 3rd Largest in size in the world.
- Chinese visitor Huen Tsang visited Pandua during his visit to India.
- Sikh Dharma Guru St. Sri Gurunanak came to Malda in 1564 AD and stayed for more than three month.
- British took entry to rule India for 200 years from Murshidabad, which is just 2 Hrs. Journey from Golden Park Hotel, Malda.
- Nabab Sirajdoula was caught by the British at Baharal (Malda) just few K.M. away from Malda Town.
- Siberian birds come at Raiganj Kulik bird sanctuary for breeding, which is just one-hour journey from the Hotel.
A march through the grand arches of Bengal's history begins at Malda.
Here a step forward- takes you more than a thousand years back to
Shasanka in the 7th century. Through the golden age of Buddhist-Palas
in the 12th century. On the ancient capital of Gour and Pandua ride
the medieval ruins of the Turkish - Afgans and Mughals, impressive
even in decay. Reminiscent of the Raj is English Bazaar, a 17th
century trading post. Malda is today a boomtown and renowned for its
wide variety of mangoes and silk.
Places of Interest
There is a museum at Malda that houses the archaeological finds from Gour , Pandua and neighbouring sites.
12 km south of Malda, right on the Indo-Bangladesh border,
is one of the most important Historical places of 14th and 15th
century Bengal having immense value from the archeological point
of view. The relics particularly worth seeing are the Bara Sona
Mosque, Dakhil Darwajah (built in 1425), Qadam Rasul Mosque,
Lattan Mosque and the ruins of the extensive fortification.
There are colourful enameled tiles on the Gomti
Gate and Firoz Minar.
8 km north of Golden Park Hotel. Another important
site of archeological importance has some impressive Muslim architecture
including the vast Adina Mosque built by Sikander Shah in 1 369. It is one
of the largest mosques in India, built over a Hindu temple, and has 378
small domes. The Eklakhi mausoleum and several smaller mosques are the other places
of attractions in Pandua.
Malda may be reached by road-bus service from Kolkata 335 km
and Siliguri 260 km, and train services from Kolkata. Gour
Express from Sealdah at 22.15 Hrs. is one of the best train
for Malda. More Over there are several Trains like Radhikapur
from New Kolkata Stn. Janashatabdi from Howrah. And many other
trains from the said Stations.
Our Tour Package
There is a museum at Malda that houses the archaeological finds
from Gour , Pandua and neighbouring sites.
- Morning Receive from Malda Town Railway Station & Transfer to Hotel
- After refreshment, move to Famous ancient Temple Johura Kalibari which was established by Raja Bollal Sen. Enjoy your Breakfast in famous Aam Bagan (Mango Garden) of Malda.
- Visit to Ramkrishna Mission & Catholic Church.
- Lunch at Golden Park.
- Visit to Adina Mosque, Built in AD - 1347. Probably Size of this Mosque is the 3rd largest in the world. Lot of Hindu Dev & Devi Murti are embossed in the wall & in the entrance to this complex.
- Visit to Pandua, it was also the Capital of ancient Bengal. Its ancient name was Pandunagar. The Pandavas of Mahabharat had stayed over here and dominated this area.
- Visit to Eklakhi Mosque. It was Built in AD - 1414 with an investment of one Lac. By Hindu Raja Jodu Who was converted into Muslim and was known as Jalaluddin Md. Sha.
- Back to Hotel and end of the day with dinner.
- Morning Breakfast between 7.00 to 7.30 and start for Gour & Mohadipur
- Ramkeli, Sri Chaitanna Mahaprabhu came here in 1506A.D. on the way to Brindavan
- Baroduari- Built in 1526AD
- Dakhil Darwaja - built in 1425AD. Because of its finest Brickwork on the wall. This Gate has got recognition in the Cambridge History of India
- Firoz-Minnar Constructed between 1485 - 89AD
- Kadam Rasul - Footprint of hazrat Md - Built in 1503AD
- Chika Masjid - This was used as the prison of Rup & Sanatan
- Ruins of Royal Palace which was discovered after excavation
- Visit to Malda Museum
- Visit Subhankar Park
- Back to Hotel & rest
- At 8.30 pm dinner & departure for Malda Town Rly. Stn